1) PETA KILLS ABOUT 95% OF THE ANIMALS THEY TAKE IN.
2) HSUS IS NOT AN ANIMAL RESCUE~ THEY ARE LOBBYING GROUP & THEY GIVE LESS THEN 1% OF THE MONEY THEY RAISE TO ANY SHELTER OR ANIMAL THOSE COMMERCIALS YOU SEE: ARE OF ANIMALS THAT LOCAL SHELTERS HAVE TO CARE FOR BECAUSE YOU GAVE YOUR MONEY TO THE WRONG PEOPLE. ONCE THEY GET YOUR DONATIONS FROM ANY HIGH PROFILE RAID, THEY TAKE THE MONEY & RUN…
THAT BEING SAID WATCH OUT FOR THE GROUP CALLING THEMSELVES HUMANEWATCH.ORG THEY ARE BLOATED WITH PROPAGANDA, & SENSATIONALIZED HEADLINES HAVING VERY LITTLE TO DO WITH ANYTHING OF SUBSTANCE OR WORTH
3) SHELTERS ARE NOT AN ANIMALS FRIEND
YES THEY DO FIGHT FOR THEIR LIVES, THEY WANT TO LIVE. THEIR SCREAMS FOR HELP GO UNANSWEREDDON’T KID YOURSELF EITHER NOT ALL OF THESE ANIMALS WERE DUMPED OFF OR UNLOVED A GREAT DEAL OF THEM HAD OWNERS WHO COULDN’T PAY THE INSANE POUND FEES TO REDEEM THEIR ANIMALS
Okay so are you following me? PETA & HSUS are not Animal WELFARE organizations, they are “Animal Rights” groups. By Animal Rights I mean they want NO ONE to own or eat any kind of animal. They lobby for laws that violate our Constitutional Rights & are trying eradicate pets & farm animals ENTIRELY.
Animal “Rights” are a big money maker, & they know how to play on your sympathy to get your hard earned money & they will do anything they need to to protect their big cash cow ~ your money means the world to them.
4) Responsible breeder are NOT the problem, only about 25% of all animals in shelters are purebred & most of those came from puppy mills & pet store or internet sales.
5) Responsible breeders were the first “rescues” but they didn’t call it that, they called it taking care of what they loved, & doing the right thing, no fanfare, no facebook page, no donations pouring in & no bashing folks who simply hit on hard times or got in over their head. Every breeder I know also does rescue.
6) So who do we blame? Careless owners? Shelters? The Government? Maybe a little of all 3. Some people just don’t care & let their dogs or cats breed at will, shelters are simply around to keep nuisance animals off the streets, the govt grudgingly allots the money for the warehousing & killing enmass.
Um… try your LOCAL VETERINARIAN! The average cost of a spay or neuter in Washington State is 240.00 to 580.00 for your typical pet owner, even with pet insurance you can still expect to pay between 175.00 & 275.00! NOT ALL VETS but most seem to be nothing more then money grubbers who look at your pet like a furry ATM. We have a couple vets who do the surgery for 35 to 100 bucks: but most are not like that.
With the cost of vet’s it’s no wonder that even middle class working families can’t afford a vet!
Oh but wait! There is a pet overpopulation problem at all the shelters: No there isn’t.
7) About 30% of pets killed at a shelter had owners who tried to retrieve them but couldn’t afford the reclaim fees! I seen a guy who was 5.00 short & they KILLED his cat.
In order to understand WHY we kill so many shelter pets we need to understand the motivational factors. If Shelter A takes in 10,000 pets a year, & kill 9500 they can go to the city or county council & say hey we need more money, we need more jobs. BUT If Shelter B takes in 10,000.00 & adopts out 8500 of those animals to the public or private rescues well then it’s not a big problem. So they are not likely to get any additional funding or even supplies. There is also the added incentive that since the US had stopped allowing horse slaughter pet food companies had to come up with new sources of meat, so euthanized pets are sold to rendering factories which sell the dead animals, road kill & downers cows pigs & chickens to put in the pet food.
8.) MOST important PEOPLE WHO DO NOT SUPPORT THE AG-GAG BILL ARE NOT THE DEVIL, it means simply that anyone filming like PETA would have to report abuse within 24 to 48 hours, they argue it stops them from doing “long term investigations” ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME???? If an animal is being abused you should be required by law to report it immediately, not 6 months down the road when who knows how many animals have suffered & died so they could make their shock videos to get more donations from a very gullible public! What kind of a cretin would watch an animal suffer day after day & do NOTHING? PETA that’s who.
9) ASPCA is NOT an animal welfare advocates friend they are against the No-Kill movement, which makes you wonder what THEY have to gain by the needless death of adoptable animals
The Tactics of the Extremist Agenda, from ASPCA Pro
Step 1: Establishing a Proxy
A member of a community will begin to adopt the talking points of the Extremist Agenda, using aggressive and divisive language to describe the state of that community’s animal welfare organizations.
Step 2: Creating a Local Organization
The proxy forms an organization (i.e. “No Kill Austin/Louisville/Houston/Philly) that will act as the local brand for the Extremist Agenda and begin to use social networking to expand.
Step 3: Engaging in Local Politics
The no-kill organization lobbies local public officials and candidates regarding the existing euthanasia rates at the municipal shelter. In most cases, there does exist public attention to the need to reform the sheltering system to increase lifesaving.
• The proxy organization will get involved in local elections, providing questionnaires and financial support to candidates perceived as sympathetic to the Extremist Agenda.
Step 4: Slandering Existing Animal Welfare
The Extremist Agenda slanders the existing shelter director and any local humane organization that is deemed to be sympathetic to the status quo. The aim of the slander is to put enough pressure on the director to step down (which is often achieved).
Step 5: Installing a Puppet Regime
A new “compassionate” director sympathetic to the Extremist Agenda is put in place through effective lobbying. The Extremist Agenda organization will often advocate a candidate with little or no experience who will essentially do as they are told.
Step 6: Saving Face when the Agenda Fails
The Extremist Agenda displaces blame when the program becomes unsustainable by blaming either their own director or local public officials for not backing them sufficiently.
Step 7: Slandering Media
Attacking unfavorable media is commonplace for the Extremist Agenda when a story runs that questions any component of implementing overnight solutions while demonizing hardworking animal welfare organizations.
I am not telling anyone any newly discovered truths, these are TRUE FACTS that have been known to many for decades but everyone is too busy playing Farmville to learn about any of it. Maybe you think if you just donate 20 bucks a month you have helped some animal & you are free to go on about your business as usual but that is not true. Throwing money at things doesn’t fix them. Donate to your local shelter, pressure your vet into offering affordable rates or change vets, volunteer at a local rescue or shelter. Get your animals fixed & if you are going to buy a dog do your homework, check out a LOCAL breeder, go to their homes, see the dogs living environment, talk to the breeders vet, talk to others who have purchased puppies from them. If you are going to adopt be knowledgeable about the breed you want, make sure to have a trainer lined up for your new family member in case they have any behavioral issues. Take your time & choose wisely… just because it’s cute & you want it doesn’t make it a good choice, many adoptions & marriages don’t work out because someone didn’t take the time to do their homework